Chanced upon this popular Japanese Agura Cake through Facebook with many baking enthusiastic posting their photos almost everyday! And most of these home baker are Chinese educated in my facebook account. The call this the 相思蛋糕 in Chinese and is literately means acacia.
I go for coffee favor for my 1st attempt for this extra soft cake.
The texture of the cake is super soft and feather light!
Another plus point of this cake is corn oil is used instead of butter, that make it a Healthy Cake! Hoooorayy!!
The only set back that I am unhappy is the uneven temperature of my 'time for retirement' oven! ^_^
Recipe adapted from FB Jasmine Ang in Chinese version and I had made some adjustment.
Corn oil 65gm
Milk 80 ml ( I used HL milk)
1/4 tsp salt
6 Egg yolk
65gm Superfine flour
1tsp Nescafe + 1tbsp hot water (you may replace with other favor eg. 20gm pandan juice, or 1tsp chocolate emulco and etc etc)
Few drops of coffee emulco
6 egg white
75gm caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Beat egg yolk, whole egg, corn oil, milk and salt till foamy.
- Mix in flour and coffee slowly till well blended. Keep aside.
- Beat egg white till foamy add in cream of tartar and sugar, continue beating until the egg white will not drop when over turn the mixing bowl.
- Mix A and B slowly till well combined.
- Pour in a 9" cake pan and using steam bake method and bake for 45 mins at 170°C
- Over turn the cake to cool.
I will post more of my Japanese Agura Cake with different favors in the making. Do follow me closely ! ^_^