Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hakka Kolo Mee - MFF Negri Sembilan Jan 2013

Hakka Mee -  My number 2 dish  that I  submit for the Malaysian food Fest -  Negri Sembilan Month.

Hakka Mee is another popular hawker fare in Seremban.  The Hakka Mee stalls that I patron regularly are the stall on top of the Seremban Wet Market, another one is a shop lot across the road opposite the yellow bus stop. 



I used to ' ta pau' (buy to pack)  back to Kuala Lumpur for next day's meal.  I will request the owner not to cook the mee.     When I took them out from the fridge the next day,  there are big pieces of lard appeared in the minced pork with gravy.  It is the lard , I further confirm that they are using lard to prepare this famous Seremban delights.  This is to say, it is the lard that  make the dish so yummy lo... 

Preparing Hakka Mee is not that difficult with very minimum ingredients only.  Its simple and easy the different is with lard or without lard, the choice is yours.  I am not into it lo, but once in while is no harm considering it does give the extra  ummphs to the dish.   ^_^


 

 This flat kolo mee brought all the way from Sarawak by hubby, comes handy for this Hakka mee.


Its taste good even without the lard.



Preparing this Hakka Kolo Mee for myself and  'my sleeping partner'   hehe...

4 pcs of dry flat mee  -   Blanch the flat mee in a pot of boiling water, and emerge in cold water and toss again in the boiling water again. This is too prevent the mee to be sticky and soggy and make it more springy.   Put in the serving bowl.

As for the minced pork I use the recipe as my Seremban  Loh Shu Fun

 200 gm of minced pork
some Minced garlic
Shallot oil  ( fry some chopped shallot with oil,  and retained the oil)
some chopped spring onion
some minced garlic
some sesame oil
Seasonings   ~  salt, oyster sauce, fish  sauce  to taste.
2 tbsp of shao shing wine


The way to do it  ~

  1. Season the minced pork with fish sauce, a bit of sugar and cornflour and set aside for 1/2 hr or so.
  2. Heat wok with some oil saute the minced garlic add in the minced pork and stir fry a while.
  3. Add in the seasoning and some sesame oil and some stock/water.
  4. When the pork is cooked through  add in the shao shine wine dish out and set aside.
  5. Spoon the minced pork to the cooked mee, add in some pepper and chopped spring onion.
  6. The Hakka mee is ready to be serve  with pickled green chilles.  
  
I am submitting this post to Malaysia Food Fest , Negeri Sembilan month hosted by Hody of Cook 4 you & me



4 comments:

  1. This Hakka kolo mee is making me hungry leh! The lard is the secret weapon, once in a while I suppose it is ok. Or drink tea after eating hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phong Hong, yes, the lard put us into love, hate situation. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, your hakka mee is doing havoc to my tummy at this ungodly hour hahaha. I enjoy eating this at the coffee shop nearby my house, they make a really fragrant version, no doubt using fried lard too :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther, haha.... glad tat my Hakka mee can entice you, and doing havoc to yr tummy, hehe.... Christine Boleh!!!

    ReplyDelete