The highlight of the dish is the sauce which I like it very much.
The miso black sesame sauce, or you may prefer your own special sauce of your liking!
Recipe adapted from Ms lee Yin Suit during a charity cooking demo at Ti-Ratana, Jalan Penchala, Petaling Jaya in March 2015.
20 pcs of flat sheets chee cheong fun - unfold
50 toasted sesame seeds (white and black)
600 g yam bean (sengkuang) - finely shreddded
½ carrot - finely shredded
French beans - wash and slice thinly
1 pc of wood ear fungus (black fungus) - soaked, wash and shredded
6 pcs dried mushroom - soak, washed and shredded
3 tbsp coriander leaves and stem - cut in ½ inch length ( I don't have, so ommitted)
1½ tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil
100 ml water
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry mushroom till fragrant
- Add yam bean, black fungus, carrot and french beans. Stir-fry for a few mins and add water, salt and pepper. Simmer till vegetables are soft
- Add sesame oil and corriander leaves. Stir fry awhile before turning off the flame. Allow to cool.
- put 2 tbsp of the filling in the middle of a rice sheet. Tuck in each side. Then roll it like a swiss roll.
- Steam for 3 minutes
- Serve with toasted sesame seed and miso sesame sauce.
The ingredients of the fillings can be any vegetables and mince meat can be added too.
The unfold cheong fun
Miso Sesame Sauce
2 tsp black sesame paste
200 ml water ( I reduce 130ml water as I prefer a thicker sauce)
2 tbsp sugar or to taste
1tsp corn flour
1 tbsp water
In a pan, bring all the ingredients to a boil
Thick with corn flour slurry
Remove from heat.