Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Irreissitable Super Moist Steamed Chocolate Cake # 2

For those chocolate cake lovers out there, I am pretty sure this Super moist Steamed chocolate cake not only  melts your mouths and it melts your hearts too.  
I demonstrated  the way to prepare this chocolate to the maid at my brother's house,  she would be able to make  this cake for  my brother's family especially for my father who is a chocolate lover. The result is not so moist  compare to the cake that I steamed again for Tammie's friends  (Matriculation Perak for the year 2012)    who came down to Kuala Lumpur for a short holiday.  They are very anxious wanted to taste  Tammie's mom home food.  Hi guys!  How you like Aunty Christine home made cake, give your comments, good or bad are most welcome!

Check out my earlier posting of  Moist Steamed Chocolate Cake, another hit of chocolate cake too.  





 The cake is so moist and tempting.  Can you resist?
 



 The cake was prepare in a hurry for Tammie to meet up with her friends, so I did not manage to take more photos to tempt you further......   hehe....












What you require                                                     

180 gms butter
140 gms sugar (originally asking for 180 gms)
200 g evaporated milk
2 egg 

Sieve together 
 
100g flour
50 g chocolate powder
1/2  tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

method:
1。Melt  sugar,evaporated milk and butter using double boil method. Set aside to cool
2。Add in egg one by one, mix well.
3。Blend in the flour mixture  slowly and mix till well blended.
4。Rub the cake tin with butter ( I used 8" round cake tin), pour batter into the cake tin, cover with aluminum foil to prevent water vapor.  Steam the cake  in boiling water with medium fire for about 45 mins or till cake is done.






 This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out





19 comments:

  1. Christine, so far I have not tried steaming cakes before. Very tempting to try this steamed choc cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, belum cuba belum tahu, sudah cuba, hari2 mau! hahaha......

      Delete
  2. Wow! You did not lie with the title. The cake looks super moist indeed. I love this kind of choc cake, rich dark brown, almost black and moist texture. Same here, I have never steamed choc cake. Microwaved, yes. I've bookmarked this recipe. Thnx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nasifriet, Thank you, I am sure all chocolate lovers will love it. Happy Baking, looking forward to yr feed back! (^_^)

      Delete
  3. Hi Christine,

    Like Phong Hong, I have never steamed cakes before and love to try this recipe one day :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, your cake looks super moist! Thanks so much for linking this to LTU :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I steam this cake today. Follow exactly and it turns out great. I made it into cupcake instead of the 8inch tray.
    The cake is light, fluffy, moist and not too sweet.
    Thank you for the recipe. Gonna share with my family soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sc, I am so happy tat your cake turn out great! <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Christine would need your advice as my cake batter turned out to be too solid and not runny at all before I pour into the cake tin. I have followed exactly the measurement. Izit because my milk mixture did not cool down completely. I did not use the double boil method. I poured into saucepan. Is that the cause?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chew, the batter should be running. If you follow the ingredients and method, the cake should out perfect! successful. Try again I am sure u will not be disappointed. The above lady Sc u follow exactly and turn out great, and she made into cup cake instead and with no problem. Let me know yr next attempt. Happy baking! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Awesome recipe! I halved the recipe and made it in my small ramekin moulds and they turned out great! My family and friends loved it! The cake turned out moist, not too sweet and had that bittersweet chocolaty taste! Oh, I also added 1/2 tsp of instant coffee powder and a pinch of salt. That probably brought out the flavours too :) Thanks for this great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce, glad that yr family and friends loved this steamed cake. The cake with coffee flavours is just pecfect for coffee lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi can I just melt the butter & milk in a ordinary pan since I dont have double boiler or something. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi She, the double boil method used here is to place the pot with butter and milk over another pot of simmering water or hot water where the heat is lower. The butter will then melt without burning. Hope this will be able to assist you in yr baking!

      Delete
  10. Thanks. I tried this. Came out perfect. Will be making it again for a 70th birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tommy, Gooood...... I am sure the 70th birthday boy/girl will sure love it! Happy Birthday to him/her!

      Delete
  11. Hi wat if ill be using cups,wt would be the measurements??tnx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.samsung washer vrt spin cycle problems

    ReplyDelete
  13. The guideline viability of a private look that can help you generally keep, prepared yourself just as cause segments diet system just as to perform like endeavors similarly as with dishwashing.samsung dishwasher smart auto and heavy lights flashing

    ReplyDelete