A refreshing and nutrition drink.
To be served warm or chilled.
On the other hand the plant Aloe vera is another amazing plants not only for consuming but for external use as well. Aloe vera has incredible, natural skin care properties and is commonly used on sunburns, cuts and even pimples.
I have googled and found there are Top 12 benifit of Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera is high in Vitamins & Minerals
- Aloe Vera is high in Amino Acids & Fatty Acids
- Aloe vera is an adaptogen
- Aloe helps with digestion
- Aloe Helps in detoxification
- Aloe alkalizes the body
- Cardiovascular Health
- Aloe helps boost the immune system
- Aloe vera is great for the skin
- Disinfectant, anti-biotic, anti-microbial, germicidal, Anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal & anti-viral
- Aloe Helps reduce inflammation
- Weight Loss - A secondary effect.
How to clean the Aloe Vera -
- Cut the torn on both sides of the aloe vera
- Cut the skin on one side
- Use a knife to cut the aloe vera vertically but do not cut through the skin at the bottom.
- Use a spoon to cut the aloe vera into cubes
- Wash and Drain the crystal and transparent flesh of the aloe vera.
Dried Coral Seaweed
In the soaking process
Sharing the recipe of this nutrition beverage.
200gm Aloe vera
8 honey dates
4-5 leaves of pandan leaves - cleaned and knotted
10gm dried coral seaweed - cleaned, soaked over night (change 2-3 times water in between) drained
15gm white fungus - Soaked and cut into small pieces
Rock sugar to taste
- Wash and peel the aloe vera. Cut into pieces
- Pour water into a pot, add in honey dates, white fuhngus and pandan leaves and bring to boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add in aloe vera and rock sugar and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly add in coral seaweed and rock sugar. Remove from heat and serve.
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest (Link to MFF Page), Sabah Month hosted by Mary of Pepper's Love