I am going for Pandan favour for my 1st attempt is simply would like to join the the blog event of Little Thumbs Up organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids. Kudos to her for the effort!
Another of my favorite Pandan Ogura Cake can be found here
Updated on August 2014 sharing another master piece recipe on Steamed Orange Layered Cake.
The layers were not as perfect as they should be though but I am happy for the taste! Mamamia!
We love the strong aroma of the pandan, that goes well with a cup of Coffee/Teh!
The bird view after unmoulded.
Did you notice my cake is disfigured by these 'birds' hahaha ........ The spirit of Ah Q! ^_^
10 eggs (I used grade A egg)
Add in the sugar
The batter is ready
Pandan juice and 2 drops of pandan paste is added to half of the batter. The aroma of pandan filled the whole house during the baking process.
The first layer of batter, ready to steam for 5 mins before the next layer.
After filled up my 9" round (2½" in height) silicone mould, I still have some left over batter enough to make a small cake to give to the baby's parents. They were so happy!
The pandan juice. Refer here for making of pandan juice.
For making of this healthy and yummlicious cake, you need
160 gms castor sugar ( I used 140gms)
30 gms ovalett 黄油
100gms fresh milk 鲜奶
140gm corn oil
200 gms cake flour (sieved)
2 tbsp pandan juice
- Mix and beat eggs, sugar and ovalett till creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the milk.
- Fold in the sieved flour till well corporated.
- Lastly add in the corn oil to mix till all well blended.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portion (I have about 560gm each). Add the pandan juice to one portion.
- Line and 9" cake tin. ( I used 9" silicone mould)
- Pour a ladle batter of original favor in the cake tin and steam for 5 mins using medium fire.
- Pour another layer of batter with pandan juice and steam for 5 mins. Repeat the process till all batter used up.
- Bake for 8 mins for the last layer.
- Make sure to cover with aluminum foil to prevent water vapor seep in the cake during entire baking time.
Steamed Cake is as good as baked cake if not better!!
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe@ Bake For Happy Kids and Mui Mui @ My Little Favourites DIY.