But nevertheless I still need some kind words from you to console me as I spend 3 hours to prepare the cake. Hehe....
The verdict ~ I was overwhelmed with the response ( I brought some with me ) from my friends at Spastic Centre, Petaling Jaya during the Charity Cooking demo today. They like the cake very much as the cooling sensation of peppermint linger on........ Hurray to me!
For this Fabulous Steamed Orange Peppermint Layer Cake, you need -
160 gms castor sugar ( I used 140gms)
30 gms ovalett 黄油
100gms fresh milk 鲜奶
140gm corn oil
200 gms cake flour (sieved)
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp orange paste
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 tsp of peppermint flavor
- Mix and beat eggs, sugar and ovalett till creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the milk.
- Fold in the sieved flour till well mixed.
- Lastly add in the corn oil to mix till all well blended.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portion . Add the orange juice to one portion.
- Add peppermint to the other 1/2 portion.
- Line an 9" cake tin.
- Pour 2 small ladle batter with original favor in the cake tin and steam for 5 mins using medium fire.
- Pour another layer of batter with orange juice and steam for 5 mins. Repeat the process till all batter used up.
- Bake for 8 mins for the last layer.
- Make sure to cover with aluminum foil to prevent water vapor seep in the cake during the whole duration of baking time.
Eggs, ovalett and sugar
Creamy and fluffy
The batter is ready. Divide into 2 equal portions
Steam the cake layer by layer. This is the most time consuming part which need patients and passion.
Dada, ladies and gentlemen, would you like to take up the challenge for these time consuming and patience fabulous steam Orange Layered Cake? Warning ~ The preparation and steaming time is 3 hours!!!
If you like this Steam Layered Cake I am sure you will like my earlier post ~ Steam Pandan Layer Cake too.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Ann of Anncoo Journal.