Pandan Ogura Cake with butter cream
I personally prefer the cake without butter cream. The purpose to sandwich the cake with butter cream is the requirement by Malaysian Food Fest to meet the Family Pastry Shop Batu Pahat version.
|Whole house is filled with the aroma of Pandan when the baking in process!|
I am taking one step further to share with you on the preparation for pandan juice.
1 bundle of Pandan leaves clean and cut into pces.
Blend the pandan leaves with 150 ml of clean drinking water
Keep the blended pandan juice in the fridge overnight.
The pure pandan juice is resides at the bottom of the container, discard the top layer, and keep the residue
The pure pandan juice is ready to use
Corn oil 65gm
Milk 80 ml
1/4 tsp salt
5 Egg yolk
65gm Superfine flour20gm of Pandan juice
5 egg white
75gm caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Beat egg yolk, whole egg, corn oil, milk and salt till foamy.
- Mix in flour slowly till well blended. Mix in the pandan juice till well incorporated. Keep aside.
- Beat egg white till foamy add in cream of tatar, then add in sugar in 2 batches, continue beating until soft peak is formed or the egg white will not drop when over turn the mixing bowl.
- Mix 1/3 of of the meringue into the egg yolk batter slowing till well combined.
- Add in all the above into the meringue and fold in till well blended
- Pour in a 9" cake pan and using steam bake method (please refer here on the baking method ) and bake for 45 mins at 170°C
- Over turn the cake to cool.
200gms of butter at room temperature
200grms of icing sugar or to adjust
pinch of salt
2 tbsp of milk
few drop of vanilla extract
zest of lemon (optional)
Beat the butter till light add in the icing sugar slowing and mix well. Add in salt, milk vanilla and blend thoroughly , last add in the lemon zest.
"I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Johor Month hosted by Annie of Annielicious Food"