Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ogura Cheese Cake #6 芝士相思蛋糕

I am quite reluctant to post this  Ogura Cheese Cake as it  turned  out not that presentable as it should be  nevertheless  the taste remains superb.  I ruined the cake during swirling  time, which I always like to take every opportunity to make some zebra effect on my cakes.  But, finally decide to share this lovely recipe for the benefit of my readers.  This cake  is very popular among the blogger but mostly in Chinese version.  





See!  This is how I ruined my cake during the process of swirling!  Sign......  =(


25gm Corn oil 
120gm Cream cheese
80 ml Milk
1/4 tsp salt
5 Egg yolk 
1 egg
65gm Superfine flour

Ingredients B

5   egg white 
75gm caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
 

Method A

  1. Using double boil method melt the cream cheese, corn oil, milk and salt.  Set aside to cool.
  2. Beat egg yolk, whole egg till foamy.
  3. Add and blend in  slowing  No. (1) and  the superfine flour alternately.  Set aside.


Method B
  1. Beat egg white till foamy add in cream of tartar and sugar, continue beating until  soft peak formed or the egg white will not drop when over turn the mixing bowl.
  2. Add  1/3 of the egg white mixture in  (A) mixture.  Mix well.
  3. Blend in all the batter into the egg white mixture and  mix till well combined.
  4. Pour the batter in a 9" greased cake pan and  using  steam bake  method   (pse click on the link for the baking tips)  and   bake  for 45 mins at 170°C
  5. Over turn the cake to cool.              

6 comments:

  1. Christine, your cake still looks nice once it is sliced. How much cocoa powder did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phong Hong, This Ogura Chocolate Cheese cake was baked in July last year... and only posted now only and I must have miss place the note tat I took down on the amount on cocoa powder le..... need time to trace back.... My sincere aplogy! =

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, your cake looks nice. So long as it tasted good, I would still enjoy it. Very flavourful with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy, TQ for yr kind words and support, u r right, taste is the answer to all foods.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. just tried this cake!!! it is so soft and fluffy!!! how amazing! thank you for introducing me to this cake, Christine!!! But the flavor needs some enhancement for me =) will add some vanilla extract next time =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherish, TQ! so happy to know that u love the cake. This cake is very addictive to me!

      Delete