Happy Year of the Dragon 2012 with abundance of joy and prosperous to all!
My very 1st posting for year 2012!
This Chocolate Almond Cookies was organized by The Star and Malaysian Institute of Baking in Petaling Jaya in June 2011. The cookie is crunchy with strong chocolate taste, most important is not so sweet!
The pastry is compressed into rectangle shape put in the freezer for at least 1 hour before cut into slices.
Reading to baked in the oven
I have made some alteration on the original recipe .
105 gms Salted Butter
90 gms Margarine
150 grms sugar ( I used 120gms)
A pinch of salt
45 gms Almond Flake
15 gms Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking soda
300 gms plain flour
- Shift the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Beat butter, margarine, sugar and salt 1st speed for 1 minute and 3rd speed for 8 minutes
- Add egg gradually on medium speed and mix well
- Add sifted cocoa powder, baking soda and flour on slow speed till well combine, followed by almond flakes.
- Compress the dough on a tray lined with a piece of plastic sheet. Level it into a block about 2.5cm thick.
- Leave in the freezer to harden for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into small rectangular slices about 6mm thick.
- Bake at 180 degree C for about 15 minutes.