Healthy and simple breakfast for a bright and sunny Sunday morning! Or you may serve the pancake for your afternoon tea with your buddies!
140 gm plain flour
500 ml low fat milk
40g melted butter
1tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs, lightly beaten
120 caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp orange rind
- To make the orange curd, mix all the ingredients till well blended. Put into a heavy saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring all the time until mixture thickens. Leave to cool.
- Put sifted flour in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the ilk mixture. Use a whisk to blend in flour with liquid to make a smooth batter. Leave batter to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan, lightly grease pan. Put in 2 tablespoonfuls of batter into centre of pan and swirl quickly to coat base. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden in color. Flip over and cook till golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Re4peat with the remaining batter, greasing pan in between pancakes.
- To serve, fold pancake into quarters and place on serving plates. Dust some icing sugar. Spoon over some orange curd.