Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Soft Mango Yogurt Ogura Cake #14

Soft and Light Mango Yogurt Ogura Cake for my collection of Ogura Cakes series................  my no 14 Ogura cakes.
Please refer here for my other Ogura Cakes posts!





 It tastes heavenly!






  The cake turned out perfect even though I did not over turn the cake after taking out from the oven. 
I did not trimmed the edges of the cake as its quite satisfactory.  Only thing I was wondering what is the course of the wrinkles on top of the cake compare to my previous Ogura Cakes.   Anyone knows??







The mango Yogurt I used



 All set to enter the oven to steam bake


This recipe is inspired by Phong Hong's Mango Yogurt Cottony Cake . 
We both are Ogura Cakes lovers! 

The recipe 

 Ingredients A

Corn oil  65gm
135 gm Mango Yogurt
1/4 tsp salt
5  Egg yolk
1 egg
65gm Superfine flour


Ingredients B

5  egg white
75gm caster sugar  (I used 60gms only)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  
 Method A
  1. Beat egg yolk, whole egg, corn oil, mango yogurt and salt till foamy.
  2. Mix in flour  slowly till well blended.   Keep aside.    

Method B 
  1. Beat egg white till foamy add in  cream of tatar, then add in sugar in 2 batches, continue beating until soft peak is formed or the egg white will not drop when over turn the mixing bowl.
  2. Mix 1/3 of  of the meringue  into the egg yolk batter slowing  till well  combined.
  3. Add  in  all the above into the meringue and fold in till well blended 
  4. Pour in a 9" cake pan and  using steam bake  method (please refer here on the baking method ) and bake  for 45 mins at 170°C
  5.  Over turn the cake to cool.        
 Special Note

 I did not over turn the cake after baking this round,  the cake turn our well!  Hurray! 



 One for the record  -  Baked 2 Ogura Cakes ~   Pandan flavors and Coffee for friends in Miri during a recent all paid for trip that I won from Marriot Hotel!   


 The cakes rises to the top and no shrinkage!
 
                                                                                    
           Snap some photos before packed in containers!               

25 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, this is so so ho jiak!!!! So tempting.... coming over now! Will bring coffee as buah tangan, hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hav a slice ?
    Look very soft n moist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Of course u can! Kawan mah! But for now is feast for yr eyes only.... ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wah, Christine you won all paid trip, so nice! Eh, thanks for the mention! Yah we are Ogura cake lovers hah! hah! The wrinkles could it be because you did not overturn the cake? I think I kena wrinkly top before when I did not overturn the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PH, Yahlo, so lucky I, hehe.... Thank you for the tips on the course of the wrinkles....

      Delete
  4. Hi Christine, hand-made baking pans are good to get neat edges. Your Ogura cakes are lovely. This post reminds me that I haven't bake Ogura cakes with yoghurt for quite awhile. There are so many flavours to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I love ogura cake so much. I tried few times but my success rate only 50%. Almost every alternate try failed snd i am yet to figure out why ( im new in cake baking). It shrink when half way through the baking in oven, or shrink when it is almost done or right after taking out from oven. Any idea why so?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mag, did you 'steam bake' the cake? Steam Bake is different from water bath. You may refer my Coffee Ogura Cake for details. Steam bake is to place a tray of water on the lower rack, place a wire rack in the middle and place the cake bake on the wire rack to bake the cake. Hope this will help you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, I have baked ogura cakes multiple times with different flavors (using your recipe, of course! hahahah) but somehow, the bottom of my cakes turned our kind of wet. I tried taking the water bath out 10mins before the cake is done, but doing so cracked the top of my cake. Also, my cakes always sunk whenever i took it out from the oven. Any suggestion to get an ogura cake as fluffy as yours please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherish, it could be the temperature of yr oven try adjust the temperature slightly higher, cover the cake with foil after say 10 mins of baking for 20 mins or so to prevent the top get burned

      Delete
    2. Dear Christine, may i knw whether covering the cake with foil has the same effect as turning off the top heater? TQ

      Delete
    3. Hi Hermes Strong, I have never tried that before, but I think by turning off the top heater will result the cake under bake!

      Delete
  8. Cont the baking till done! Hope tis will help u dear friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding, Christine! <3 I am re-doing this cake again tomorrow with your suggestion. Hopefully, it comes out good!!!

      Delete
    2. Tried ogura cake again today. I adjusted my oven to 170C (10C hotter than I used to bake because my oven is hotter than other people's). My cake still turns out quite wet. Really would like to show you my cake with the pictures but I dont know how can I attach it to you, Christine! ='(

      Delete
  9. Hi cherish, u can add me as FB fren or email! I am happy to be yr friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found you on fb! Please add me, Christine! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Hi
    Please help. Can i use all purpise flour or cake flour instead?
    And do i have to on fan-assist?

    Thabk you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, u can use cake flour for this cake! Fan is not needed. TQ for yr support! happy Baking!

      Delete
  11. Hi mom!! Can u share the tricks how to have no wrinkle to this cake without invert the cake?..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, my apology for late reply. My cake wrinkled too after the cake was cooled.

      Delete
  12. Nevermind mom...thanks for repky.. but j see the pandan one is timurn out so good...mine is shrink and wrinkle much... I don't know where is thw mistake.. the egg white has whipped until soft peak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear sis Maria, the next time try to whipped to whipped white till stiff peak c this will help you! Happy baking!

      Delete