I would like to wish all my followers and readers a Happy and prosperous New Year 2014 ~ year of the Horse!
Recipe (This recipe is floating on the facebook for sharing. The recipe is in Chinese and hope my English version is in order)
6 egg yolks
20 gms black sesame powder
60 g milk
60 gms corn oil
80 plain flour mix with 30gms coil flour -sieved
Some toasted black sesame seeds
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100 gms caster sugar ( I used 80gms only)
- Mix egg yolk, milk, black sesame powder, corn oil together till well blended
- Blend in the flour slowing till well mixed keep aside.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar till bubbles formed. Mix in sugar in 2 batches, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and mix into the egg yolk batter.
- Slowing fold in the rest of the beaten egg whites with a spatula, until well combined.
- Pour the batter into chiffon cake mould and level with a spatula. Lightly tap the pan on the table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven of 180ºC for 30 to 40 mins or till done.
- Remove cake from the oven. invert the pan immediately. Allow it to cool completely.