My previous posts with cinnamon are namely Simple Apple Cake and Simple Carrot Cake. These cakes are simple, quick and easy to bake. Do give it a try.
Recipe of this Light cinnamon Cheesecake is adapted from Dessert's Temptation by wendy's delights. I double the amount of the ingredients to make 2 7inch square cake for my family and my brother's family. If I were to bake the amount of cinnamon powder have to be reduce, as we find the aroma of cinnamon is too strong.
Recipe source from Dessert's Temptation with some modification in red.
120 cream cheese
20 gm superfine flour (I used plain flour)
20 gm cornflour (I used 15gms)
10 gm ground cinnamon ( should reduce to 5 gms as I find it 10gm is too much and will over powered the aroma of cheese)
4 eggs yolks
4 egg white
50 gm sugar (I used 40 gms)
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted)
- Heat butter, milk and cream cheese in a metal bowl over a hot water bath. whisk until lump-free.
- Add egg yolks and combine
- stir in sifted superfine flour, corflour and cinnamon.
- in a separate bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. add sugar and salt. Keep beating at medium speed until soft peaks formed.
Fold half of the egg white into the egg yolk mixture. Stir gently. fold in the rest of the egg white.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin lined with baking paper. Bake in water bath at 150ºfor 50 minutes.
I double the ingredients to bake 2 7 X 7 inches cakes.
Milk, butter and cream cheese
Sieved Flour Mixture - Flour, cornflour and cinnamon powder
Double boil method to melt the cream cheese, butter and milk
Fold in the flour mixture
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe.