This is the dish mom used to prepare for us. An appetizing dish that all siblings will crave for more.
Remove the hard skin to serve
2 hardtail scad fish - Wash and clean without cutting the stomach, slit both sides of fish horizontally.
Ingredients A - To be pounded
8-10 Dry chillies - cut and seeded soak till soft
2 red chilies
Chili padi (optional)
1 small pc of turmeric
2 stalk of lemon grass
1 small pc of belancan
1tsp of assam jawa paste
salt n sugar to taste
- Heat about some oil in wok. Saute the pounded ingredients till aromatic.
- Add in assam jawa paste, sugar and salt to taste.
- Dish out and let it cool for a while
- Spoon the fried chilli paste into the slits and stomach of fish as filling.
- Heat wok with enough oil to fry the fish over medium heat till both sides are cooked.
- Squeezed lime juice (I used lemon juice) over the fish and serves.
Another way to prepare the stuffed fish is to bake it. Place stuffed fish on a piece of banana leaf and wrap it up with aluminum foil. Turn over the foil in between during baking. Lastly open the foil to bake further 10 mins .