Pie Tee is a popular nyonya finger foods for party and gathering.
The ingredients for the fillings is up to individual liking with no boundaries
But making of pie tee case is tedious and time consuming, u need a lot of patient to deep fry the case with the special mould one by one. This finger foods snap up in no time.
The mould to make Pie Tee case
Ingredients for the Pie Tee Batter
180 rice flour
60 gram plain flour
30 gram cornflour
1/4 baking powder
salt to taste
400 ml water
- Mix all the ingredients together in batter and strain. Set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok. When the oil is hot dip the pie tee mould into the oil for a while, then into batter to coat the mould. Then into the oil again.
- Once the pie tee case almost set, shake and jerk the mould to loosen out the casing, continue to fry the case till golden brown.
- Dish out onto absorbent paper. Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
- Store in cooled pie tee case in air tight container for later use.
As for the filling:
You may add in any fillings of your choice.
For example - Blanch bean spouts, shredded cucumber, carrot, lettuce, prawns, sesame seeds etc etc
Fry some shredded sengkuang with minced meat or dry cuttlefish which is best to go with pie tee.
Pie Tee Party Time! Enjoy!