Rice - 2 cups
Water - about 2 litre
Minced meat (seasoned with fish sauce, pepper, sesame oil. cornflour, sugar for at least 1 hr)
2 salted egg (boiled till cook and cut into small pieces)
Mussel 淡菜 (soaked and cut into small pieces
2 pieces Dry scallops (optional - soak in water, break into pcs)
Pumpkin ( skin and cubed)
spring onion (chopped)
Some mee hoon (deep fried till crispy)
[There is not specific amount of ingredients that I followed, just agak agak (own judgment) only]
1. Wash rice, boil with water add in mussel and dry scallops, boil for about 45 mins, keep stirring in between, add in pumpkin, continue to boil till pumpkin tender.
2. Add and stir in minced meat, lastly add in chopped salted eggs.
3. Top with fried mee hoon, spring onion, sesame oil. Serve hot.
1. Texture of the congee should me soft and starchy; just like the congee we eat during dim sim time
2. Century egg can be added.