Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Custard Cream Puff 吉士奶油泡芙









 Today in the baking mood to make some cream puff from grandmother's recipe.

This recipe was dug out from my scrapped yellowish scrape book. This recipe is originated from my sis in law's mother. The recipe was scribbled on the hard cover book, it took quite a while to copy the recipe in proper manner and some texts are missing or not in order. But it really worth the effort.


This recipe is divided in 2 parts 1st is to make the custard cream which can be other favor you prefer like sweet corn, chocolate, pumpkin and even durian...... the list goes on and on
. This can made in advance and kept in the fridge.
2nd is the making the puff or in French
choux pastry


My easy to follow and with the guide of step by step photos. Give this cream puff a try! Hope you love it. Enjoy

A cup of Ipoh White Coffee with some hot from over cream puff. Hmmm..........




The custard cream recipe
60gm custard powder

30 gm corn flour

180gm castor sugar ( I only used 150gm)

400ml milk ( I used HL milk or u the packets milk )
300ml water
2 egg yolks

1tbsp butter

1tsp vanilla essence

  1. Mix, blend and sieve corn flour and custard powder, set aside.
  2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl for 3-4 minutes, then stir in flour mixture.
  3. Bring milk and water to a near boiling point.
  4. Pour the hot milk into egg and custard mixture, whisking well.
  5. Return mixture to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till mixture takes on a thick and creamy consistency.
  6. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla essence.
  7. Allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate before use.
Tips
To prevent custard cream from forming a film cover with plastic touching the custard. The cream can stored up to 3 days in the fridge.




Beating the egg yolk and sugar till creamy







The flour mixture



Stir in the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture 


Bring water and milk to boil




Pour in the hot milk into egg yolk and custard mixture, Whisk and blend well.








Cover the cream with a plastic to prevent from forming a film. Cool and store the custard cream in the fridge



Making the Puff or choux pastry
250ml water

90gm butter (salted)

150gm flour

10gm sugar ( I omitted this)

4 large eggs


  1. Preheat oven at 170 degree C
  2. Put butter and water in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil.
  3. Add in flour and salt and cook over the medium heat and stir quickly until dough binds together until a ball is formed and the dough comes away from the sides of the pan.
  4. Turn of fire leave dough to cool slightly about 5 minutes.
  5. Once cool, beat in eggs one at a time until the dough becomes well combined soft batter.
  6. Place the dough into piping bag and pipe dough into the size of a golf ball with about 2 " apart on a greased baking sheet.
  7. Bake for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.
  8. Once the puff is done, Slit puffs with a pair of scissors release steam.
  9. Fill the empty shells with custard cream or any desired cream.
Tips
  1. Use the hock beater to beat the pastry.
  2. For this portion of pastry, I have about 30 cream puff.
  3. You can use a tablespoon to scoop the batter onto the baking tray.





Bring water, milk, butter and salt to a boil







Add in the flour and mix into a dough stir to blend till the choux pastry leaves the  sides of the pan.  Set aside to cool.


 Add the egg one at  a time


 Beat in egg one at a time


The piped out batter is ready to go into the oven 


You may find my another attempt for cream puff with sweet corn custard cream as fillings!

2 comments:

  1. Dr. UGANLOGA has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr UGANLOGA for bringing back happiness to my life. thanks you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has done for me.Email: druganlogaherbahome@gmail.com  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623

    hello everyone here I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and i have had constant pain, sickness. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from the hospital also i have use some herbal medicine from African but non could cure this disease from me. but on one faithful day i came across a testimony of MARGRET HUNTER testifying on how DR UGANLOGA CURED HER of her 6 YEARS herpes disease so i wrote Dr.UGANLOGA on his EMAIL.  telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by DR UGANLOGA,  one week later i started experiencing changes all over body. and when it was  two weeks of using his herbal medicine,i went to the hospital and it was confirmed that I am now free from the disease and i cannot thank DR UGANLOGA enough that is  i am  here to testify that i am not longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my whole life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him.Email: druganlogaherbalhome@gmail.com or  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623 He can also do the following CANCEREPILEPSYPENIS ENLARGEMENT BREAST ENLARGEMENT BUM ENLARGEMENT 
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    COPD
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PALOMAR VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    HEPATITIS A B and C SINUSITIS ETC.. THANKS  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
      in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
      have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
      read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
      contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
      remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
      another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
      nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

      Delete