My very 1st attemp to make this French Desserts. Presentation not that satisfactory but still acceptable. Hope to improve next attempt.
Can't really remember when I copied this recipe from. It must be one of my friends' recipe book. Most important, my daughter and hubby really enjoy it, hardworks pays off.
150gms castor sugar
4 large egg white
3 large egg yolk
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp lemon juice
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven 170 degree celcious. Fill up about 1 inch of hot water in the roasting pan or deep baking pan. the water should reach half the ramekins (souffle cups).
- Beat egg white till bubbles appear add 1 tablespoon of sugar, continue to beat till still and soft peaks form when lifted.
- In another mixing bowl, beat yolks with the remaining sugar till mixture is light, add and mix in lemon zest , lemon juice, milk and flour, continue beating till well combine.
- Pour the egg white into yolk mixture.
- Using a hand whisk, gently fold in the egg white into the yolk mixture in circular movement from top to bottom, to keep fluffiness of the texture.
- Fill the ramekins with batter to the top.
- Put the ramekins in the baking pan in the oven and bake for 25 mins
- do not open the oven during this time.
- after 25 mins check that the souffles have a golden brown on top. Otherwise bake for further 5 to 10 mins.
- Serve warm with icing sugar dusted on op of the souffle.
This is too much icing sugar liao! But Tammie love it, once a while, I think should be OK!