Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Steamed Chicken with Red Wine Paste (Fuchew) 红糟蒸鸡



This Steamed Chicken with red wine paste had been posted on facebook since 28th March 2011.
Until now only start to prepare the recipe for my blog. My apology for the delay for those who are looking forward for the recipe. This a simple and easy to prepare dish and specially for those who just begin to learn how to cook. When I posted this photo, people thought that I am a Fuchow, but I am not, I am a typical Cantonese who love to eat red wine mee suah.

My brother from Singapore bought me 2 bottles of red wine paste. Thank you brother.


This recipe is my easy and lazy version, there are many fuchow expects which you can refer, I believe they can give you better recipe than mine.
But nevertheless, before I ca ask my daughter to comment on the dish, she just ' hmmm...hmm...hmmm while chewing the chicken, that said it all. Hehehe.....


This is the red wine paste (lees of rice wine)

Here is the simple and easy to follow recipe

Ingredients

1/2 chicken ( I used Kampung Chicken) - chopped into bite sizes
2 tbsp of red wine lees
6 slices ginger
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
1 tbsp of kei chi - I missed out this

Seasoning

1 tsp cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp of red wine
sugar and salt to taste

Method

  1. Marinate the chicken pieces with the red wine lees, salt, sugar and soy sauce for at least 4 hours or best overnight.
  2. Mix in and combine well the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Heat up a steamer with boiling water
  4. Place the red wine chicken into the steamer and steam on high heat for 20 minutes. ( I steamed for 18 mins, and found the meat texture just tender as I wanted it to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment