I have prepared this soup many times and I can't remember why I never blog about it. The soup is as tasty as shark fin soup only minus the shark fin and is taste as good. My soup queen Tammie love it so much. I called her soup queen as she love to drink soup so much. When soup is not served during dinner time she will still prepare herself with soup Marmite or canned mushroom soup. That is my girl, Tammie!
This soup have been prepared many times with few photos were posted on my facebook some times ago, and prepared soup again for my son home coming reunion diner. This time decided to blog about it, credit must give to the event little thumb ups organized by Zoe. ^_^
The black vinegar to go with the soup
The abalone strips/edges is in the soaking process
2 chicken carcass
2 litre of water
3 slices of ginger
1 cloves garlic (smashed)
2 spring onion (only the white part)
200 gm fresh sea cucumber 海参 (I bought the sea cucumber from Jusco Supermarket)
50 gm fish maw 鱼鳔 soak in water till soft - sliced into strips (I washed the soaked fish maw with some flour to get rid of the oil)
1 box of soft tofu - diced
1/2 carrot - sliced thinly
3 chinese mushroom (soaked and sliced)
50gm abalone strips 鲍鱼边 - soak in water to soften ( bought from chinese sundry shop)
Salt to taste
2 tsp chicken stock granules
2 tbsp of chinese cooking wine - I used shao shing wine)
3 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp water
1 egg - slightly beaten
- Boil the all the chicken stock ingredients for 1 hour. Strain for later use.
- Add in chinese mushroom, abalone strips into the chicken stock for a slow boil for about 1/2 hr
- Add in sea cucumber, fish maws carrot and tafu for a rapid boil.
- Add in seasoning to taste and adjuct accordingly.
- Thicken the soup with thickening
- Turn off the fire and add in beaten egg and stir briskly.
- Serve soup with black vinegar.
Enjoy the soup with your family
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake.