I am happy that there is no crack on the cake. Yippie!!
Flour, soya milk with corn oil, egg white and soft Tofu
Batter from Ingredients A and B
Meringue with a curl
Tap the cake tin on the table to release any trapped air bubbles in the batter. Its ready to bake in the oven
100 gm soya milk without sugar
60gm corn oil
100 gm soft tofu (Bean curd) - Smash through sieve
50g egg white
Sieve together the following
Plain flour 130 gm
Corn flour - 20gm
250 gms Egg white (I used egg white from 7 size A egg)
2 tsp lemon juice
130gm castor sugar (I used 100 gm)
- Beat ingredients A till creamy and well mixed, slowing blend in ingredients B and continue beating until the batter reach a thick fluffy and creamy consistancy. Set aside.
- Beat egg white and lemon juice till bubbles formed, add in sugar in 2 batches. Using high speed to beat till soft peak formed.
- Slowing blend in 1/3 of the meringue (egg white mixture) in No. 1.
- Blend in No. 3 into the remaining meringue and mix till well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into lined cake tin (8") and bake in preheat over of 160°C for about 35-40 minutes or when insert a cake tester it come out clean.
- Over turn the cake to cool.
Ah-Ha..... the next best that I want to share with you is the Black Sesame Creamy Spread!
With this strong aroma of black sesame creamy spread, the cake taste heavenly.
So, deal all, go, go run to the nearest grocery store for the ingredients and start baking now!
You will will not stop at just one slice.
What you need for the Black Sesame Creamy Spread -
70gm unsalted butter at room temperature
20gm Black sesame powder
Beat butter and sugar till fluffy and creamy.
Add in the milk slowing and mix well
Add in the black sesame powder and mix till creamy and smooth. It is ready to use.
Slice the Tofu Cake into half horizontally, spread a layer of black sesame cream a slice of the cake, place the layer on top and slightly press the cake together.
Chilled the cake in the refrigerator before cutting into slices and serve.
Please leave your comment if you do like this Healthy Tofu Cake! ^_^