It was a lovely Sunday morning, Buddy Camie and I head to the home our adorable Ms Fuzi ( founder FUZI Magic - Building Bridges of Goodwill ) to prepare on our very own snack Churros base on Fuzi memory of her late grand mother's recipe. Armed with this recipe we will conduct cooking demo on this churros to the children at orphanage.
Please 'like' the FB page of Fuzi Magic Building Bridges of Goodwill. To know more about Fuzi Magic aiming to link the privileged to the under-privileged in our CSR activities : STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS.
It will be perfect to dip with chocolate sauce!
The churros should be longer and thinner, rooms for future improvement!
Water, sugar, oil and salt to a slow boil
Mix in the flour
Mix into a dough
Place dough into piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe out to about 4 to 5 inches long into hot oil
1 cup of water
2 ½ tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 cup of flour
for dusting (mix together)
½ cup sugar
1tsp cinnamon powder
- In the pan, put in water, sugar, salt and vegetable oil and bring it to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat, add in the flour, stir the mix the mixture to form a ball.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Mix in the egg to combine.
- Heat oil in pan for deep frying.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bags with star nozzle and pipe out the batter a 4 to 5 inches long direct into the oil, deep fry on both side till golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen towel.
- Roll the churros over the cinnamon sugar and the snacks is ready to serve.
Note : You may eat it with chocolate sauce as dipping sauce.
For those who love their bakery/snack with a touch of cinnamon, please refer my earlier posts with cinnamon as one the ingredients. There are Steamed Banana Cake, Cottony Cinnamon Cheesecake, Simple Apple Butter Cake, an easy Simple Carrot Cake.
Hope you like it as much as I do.