Both I learn during of the Spastic Center's Charity Cooking Demonstration.
I prefer the Walnut Chocolate Cheese Slices but make some alteration on the method.
A) 250 gm butter
4 tbsp coco powder
B 250 g philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
100 gm caster sugar
C) 1 Grade A egg
D) 150gm caster sugar
3 Grade A eggs
E) 130 gm selfing-raising flour ) Sieved
1 tsp baking powder )
F) 50gm walnut or almond nibs (chopped)
- Melt the butter with a heavy pot, add in the coco powder to mix well,( add in when the butter still hot) set aside for later use.
- Beat B, mix well, add in C, pour our the cheese mixture into a piping bag.
- Beat D and pour in mixture 1 (butter and cocoa powder), mix well combine, fold in E (the flour mixture).
- pour 1/2 portion (3) into a 10 X 10 baking tin (lined with greased proof paper). Pipe out the cheese mixture, top with the remaining 1/2 portion. Make a marble effect, sprinkle chopped walnut on top
- Bake in preheated oven at 130 degree for 40 - 50 minutes.
If follow the above method the cheese mixture is sandwich in between the chocolate mixture. I make some alternation from step no. 4.
4. Pour in 3/4 of the mixture into a well greased tray and baki in over for 10 mins at 130 degree C .
5. Pour cheese filling over the baked layer
6. Pour the remaining batter over the cheese filling and swirl lightly with thin skewer or toothpick to form a design.
7. sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.
8. Bake in the over for a further 30 minutes.