Thai Spicy Mango Salad is call Yum Mar Mour in Thai, in Malaysia we called it Mango Kerabu.
A very refreshing, appetizing and popular dish in most asian countries. It is easy and simple to prepare. One of the parents from my daughter's school, who is also a PIPG member gave us some mangoes from her own garden.
Normally green unripe mangoes should be used for this salad. I just used whatever I have in hand to prepare this salad. I dont know the name of this type of mangoes but I love the bright yellow color of the mangoes fresh. My family love this salad, the dish snap up in no time! Hehe...
Here is my version of Yum Mar Mour
2 unripe green mangoes (the Unripe Mangoes that I have are in yellowish color ) I love the color.
1 small carrot (shredded)
1 big onion (shredded)
1 Japanese cucumber (shredded)
2 0r 3 tbsp of toasted peanuts (coarsely pounded)
some coriander leaves
Lime juice from 4 to 5 limes (the amount of lime juice depends on your liking)
1 tabsp of brown sugar
2 tabsp of fish sauce
3 to 4 chilli padi - cut in small pieces (or you may use red chili if you prefer not too hot)
1 dash of sesame oil
Some toasted sesame seed ( Optional)
- Skinned and shredded the mangoes.
- Mix all the ingredient together and chilled in the fridge till serving time.
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing together. Adjust the taste to your liking by adding or minus the amount on sugar, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Take out the mixed vegetables from the fridge mix in the dressing.
- Top with toasted peanuts and coriander leaves and serve.