With plenty of ingredient inside out. Hmm..... Its mouth watery 1 meal dishAnother Hawker delight - Wu tau Koh
But when you buy wu tau koh at hawker store, you hardly find many ingredients, some miserable amount of dry prawns, few pcs of yam, some preserved reddish and some crispy fried onion, and spring onion only.
On the other hand if you DIY woh tau koh at home, u can add lots of ingredients and you have all the Ohmp for a hearty home made woh tau koh.
I am sharing the recipe with you here.
500gm yam - peeled and cuded
500gm rice flour,
2 tablespoon of tapioca flour
5-6 pcs of chinese mushrooms - soaked and diced
100gm dried prawns - soaked and chopped coarsely
4 chinese sausages or lap cheong - washed, peel off skin and diced
3 tbsp cooking oil
100gm shallots - deep fried till crispy
2 -3 tsp of aromatic spice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
Coriander leaves/chopped chillies/sesame seeds and crispy fried shallots.
- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour and water together and strain.
- Heat wok with little oil and fry the dry prawns till aromatic. dish out and set aside. Heat wok with oil, brown the minced garlic add in Chinese sausages and mushroom, add in diced yam.
- Saute till aroma. Add in seasoning and the flour mixture, continue to mix the mixture till fairy thick. Off fire.
- Pour in a big oiled tray and level the mixture evenly.
- Steam on a steamer for 35-40 mins.
- Garnish the top with dry prawns, sesame seeds, crispy fried onion, chopped chillies, coriander leaves.
- Once the woh tau koh is cooled served with sweet sauce and chilies sauce.
With plenty of ingredients to make this a real yummy 1 dish meal or dessert. Did you notice that on one side of the Woh Tau Koh is without greens, that is for "someone" whose doesn't like greens! I only have small chilli (chilli padi), so just add on.... since we loved spicy hot food.
Frying the Chinese sausages, Chinese mushrooms and cubed yam. Make sure not to cooked the yam too soft, as you love to have the tangy chewy of yam.