Another cheesecake temptation with some amendments to suit my family. Ot you may prefer my earlier posting on the Baked Cotton Cheesecake, another favorite cake too.
Texture of the cake is light and soft like cotton with poppy seeds to give that extra chewy treat.
Recipe adapted from Fantastic Cheesecake by Alex Goh
160 g cream cheese
30 g flour
20 g cornflour
20g green tea powder
(sieve the above together)
4 egg yolks
D 4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
100 g sugar
Pinch of salt
some poppy seeds (Optional )
- Grease and lined the bottom of of cake pan.
- Place (A) in mixing bowl and stir over double-boiler until thick. Remove it from Double-boiler .
- Add (B) and mix until well combined. Add (C) and mix until well blended
- Whip the egg whites in (D) until foamy. Then add the remaining (D). Continue whipping until soft peaks formed. Add it into the cheese mixture from Step (3) and the poppy seeds. Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheese fulling onto the prepared oval pans. Bake in water bath at 160°C for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Remove cake from the oven. Remove the cake from the mould immediately. Set aside to cool
If you wantit to taste more creamy, replace the milk with whipping cream