Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

London Almond Cookies 伦敦杏仁饼


With Lunar year of the Rabbit is just round the corner, I notice all my FB friends are busy making chinese new year goodies and upload on FB. These goodies are feast for the eyes only.
In this world of FB, I noticed there are bountiful of young talents really can cook like a pro. Strongly believe that the food they prepared not only looks gorgeous and presentable and must be taste yummy too.

Come back to my London almond Cookies which I copy from somewhere and kept in my scrap recipe book. I have problem making these cookies not bcoz it is difficult to make but is bcoz of my children, one dont like cookies with nuts but another insist with nuts, so end up I have to prepare cookies with nuts and w/o nuts. All mama are same like me, right? Hmmm......

Just found out that the source of the original recipe came from Amy Beh of kuali.com
when I surfed the net.

Ingredients

125g butter
75g icing sugar
1 egg yolk

Sift
225gm plain flour
1/2 tsp rice flour

300gm whole almonds, toasted
450g cooking chocolate, melted - using double boiled method
Almond nibs, toasted
small paper cases

Method
Cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg yolk, Stir in sifted dry ingredients and blend well to form a dough.
Take a small piece of dough, the size of a marble, wrap it around the almond and shape into a ball
please dough on lightly greased trays. Bake in preheated over at 175 degree C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Put cookies inside small paper cases and top with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with almond nibs

Tips-
I times 2 on the above ingredients
Instead of using almonds nibs can substitute with colorful chocolate rice, or melted with chocolate for deco.

No comments:

Post a Comment