This dish seems to be all times favorite, either in the restaurant or at home. Here is my version of the recipe.
400 gm pork belly
some cornflour for coating
1 no big onion (wedged)
1 no. red chili (wedged)
1 no. tomato (wedged)
1 slice of pineapple (cut into bite size)
1/2 cucumber (cubed) - rub cucumber with a bit of salt, rinse off with water, add in 2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp white rice vinegar, set aside.
1/2 no. green capsicum (wedged) - I omitted
1/2 no. Green Capsicum (wedged) - I omitted
1 - 2 tsp of my premium aromatic spice
sugar to taste
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 no. egg white
1 tbsp Shao Shing wine
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp plum sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
some cornflour for thickening
1/2 bowl of water
- Cut meat in 1/2 inch thick and marinade with marinate at least for 2 hours
- Coat meat cubes with cornflour and deep-fry in hot oil till golden brown, dish out, drained and set aside.
- Put in 1 tbsp oil in wok, stir-fry onion, red chili, capsicum, pineapple till fragrant. Pour in the sauce and the white vinegar mixture from the cucumber and cook till thick.
- Add in the tomato and cucumber
- Lastly add in the prefried meat and mix well-coated.
- Serve hot with rice.