Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Coffee Walnut Cake

Whenever I eat cake that bought from bakery shop, sure to scrap away the all the creams on the cakes. So I don't intend to decorate cake with cream, unless the chocolate fudge that special request from my youngest daughter and her friends.
My motto for baking cakes are -Delicious + Simple + Plain + Less sweet!


My buddy Mimi Foo give me a small container of walnuts. And I found a walnut cake on Wen's blog. I have made some adjustment and here is the recipe to share with you.


Ingredients:

250g Butter
180g Sugar ( I used 160 gm and soft brown sugar)
3 Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
150g Pine nuts, toasted (I used walnuts)
1 tsp coffee paste (optional) ( I used capuccino coffee emulco)

(A)
50g Ground Almonds
230g Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder

(B) - mix well
60g Milk
1tbsp Instant Coffee

Method:
Preheat oven at 180 deg C (For my oven 130 deg C)
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs & yolk slowly and cream until smooth and light.
3. Add (A) & (B) gradually and alternately. Mix until well blended.
4. Stir in nuts and mix until well combined.
5. Pour into loaf tin. Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top. Bake for 50 mins.


Friendly tips

Caution : Add in the eggs bit and bit and slowing to prevent the batter become curdle.


Enjoy you cake with your family or buddies with coffee or tea and have great fun!
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment