Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mustard Soup 榨菜汤

This traditional chinese soup which was past down from my mom is simple and yummy love by all in the family. I believe many new wife and homemakers would like to try out the soup!

Ingredients are simple; 600gm meat bones (blanched with hot water), 2 pcs of taufu(cut into 12 pcs), 1 medium size of chinese mustard, 1 tbsp kei chi, 8 pcs of red dates (seeded) , enough boiling water.

Soak the mustard and wash clean cut into thick slices. Put all the ingredients in a soup pot of boiling water on high fire, once the soup starts to boils lower the fire and simmer for 2 - 3 hrs. The soup is ready to be served.


I used pressure cooker to save time and fuel for my soup, just put all the ingredients in boiling water in the slow cooker and cook for 20 mins, my soup is ready. You may invest for a pressure cooker to shorter cooking time and fuel like I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment