A celery soup can be as easy as complicated as you want it to be. There are many ways of preparing the soup. This is a good recipe for those
does not like to eat celery like
This soup is similar to the Pumpkin soup that I prepared in my earlier post.
1 medium Russet potato
2 tbsp unsalted butter ( or olive oil)
1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
3-4 cup of chicken stock
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
- Cut celery and potatoes in to pieces.
- Heat butter in soup pot add in onion and garlic to saute for about 3 mins.
- Add in the potatoes and celery to cook for while.
- Add in the chicken stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the celery and potatoes are soft enough that they can easily be pierced with a chopstick.
- Remove from heat and cool the soup a while and puree in a blender , working in batches.
- Return pureed soup to pot and bring to a simmer again, adding more stock to adjust the desire thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with celery leaves.
- Serve with toasted croutons or garlic breads.
You may add in fresh thyme, carrot to the soup.
The westerner add in 1/2 cup of white wine in frying the ingredients.
Enjoy this delicious with family or friends