Herbal Soup with remedial effects!
The main ingredients of this herbal is fresh water Snakehead fish, the most sought carnivorous predatory fish in Malaysai as it is wedely believed by Malaysian to have remedial effects. It is said to be speed up the healing process after operation.
Snakehead fish in Bahasa Malaysia is called Ikan Haruan and in Chinese is called 生鱼.
Snakehead fish about 1 kg (clean and cut into big pieces)
300 gm black beans
20gms pak kei 北茋
30gms Tong sum 党心
6 -8 pcs of red dates
1 litre of water
few slices of ginger
- In a wok, dry fry the black beans till skins open up. Keep aside.
- Boil water in a pot, add in the black beans, pak kei, tong sum and red dates
- Boil to the black beans till soft that take about 1 hour or so.
- Add in the fish and boil another 10 mins till fish is cooked.
- Add salt to taste. Serve hot.