This yummy desserts is prepared by my eldest daughter Pearly. My comments are the lemon slices are too thick but the taste is nice.
I have made some amendment on the original recipe.
(Adapted from 100 Chinese Desserts)
250 gm skinned water chestnuts
3 cups water
80gm rock sugar or adjust to taste
1 tbsp cornflour - mixed with 2 tbsps of water
1 egg slightly beaten (this is extra that I added on)
- Diced water chestnuts into small pieces
- Cut lemon into 4 thin slices and juice the remaining lemon
- Bring water to the boil. Add dices water chestnut and rock sugar
- Add water chestnut flour solution and lemon slices.
- Mix well and cook for a while.
- Pour in the beaten egg, off the fire wait a while then stir the broth for a smooth texture add in the lemon juice.
Make sure not to over cook the beaten egg, once the egg is pour in, off the fire wait a while then stir to create a smoother broth. 蛋花