These cake is quite easy and simple to prepare, I got the recipe from my daughter's school mate.
My daughter Tammie has tasted the cake from her friend, since then, she is craving for the cake.
She got the recipe from her friend, and here I would like to share with you.
Recipe adapt from one of the cheesecake recipe book.
Recipe for the base
Sugar Dough Crust
200gm softened salted butter
100 gm icing sugar
380gm plain flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat butter and icing sugar until well combined. Add in egg and beat well.
- Lastly add in flour and vanilla and mix into a dough
- Press dough onto 9" round springform pan and prick some holes with fork to release air, so that the pastry will not puff up during baking. Bake at 160 degree C until golden brow. Remove and leave to cool.
Can makes 2 sugar dough crusts for 9' pan
Pastry can be wrapped with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for 1/2 year
Cream Cheese Filling
300 softened cream cheese
5 oreo biscuits used only the cream filling
100 caster sugar ( I reduce to 70gm)
3 egg yolks 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp corn flour
40g dairy whipping cream ( I omitted this after few try and error)
6 pcs oreo, crushed
- Beat A at low speed until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix in vanilla, corn flour and dairy whipping cream. Lastly add in oreo biscuit crumbs and mix well
- Pour cheese mixture onto crust and bake at 170 degree C for 30 minutes
- Let cake cool in the oven with heat off for 1 hour. Chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.