Asam Prawns - Another fingers linking good dish, make sure to cook extra rice!!
300g prawns - Wash and trimmed
1 tbsp chopped garlic Few slices of ginger
some dark soy sauce
Some curry leaves
100g tamarind paste (Assam Jawa 亞參膏 )
100 ml water
some chili padi cut into pieces (optional)
salt to taste
some fish sauce
1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Mix tamarind paste with water, strain and retain the tamarind juice.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in the preheated sauce pan to fragrant ginger and chopped garlic. Add in the prawns and curry leaves to stir fry briskly.
- Add in the tamarind juice and seasoning, bring to a boil. Stir fry until cooked through and the prawns absorbed the gravy slightly.
- Lastly add in a little dark soy sauce for coloring, toss well.
- Dish out and serve hot with rice.